I've heard a lot about what goes on with the staff and have seen it myself. It is unacceptable. Here are some things staff should do:
- Never promote someone without consulting all staff. Majority has the final decision.
- Never demote someone without consulting all staff. Majority has the final decision.
- Never unban someone just because you are close to them or they wrote an appeal.
- Never ban someone just because you don't like them.
- Never make changes to rules without consulting all staff. Majority has the final decision.
- Staff should not feel obligated to be kind, but that would allow users to be more convinced to listen to them.
- While staff should not feel obligated to be kind, they should be respectful. Some disrespectful qualities I've seen in the staff around here are:
- Condescending Language
- Passive Aggressive Language
- Staff should not tolerate any back-talk.
- Staff should mediate arguments and only take action if it gets out of hand.
- Staff should get both sides of an argument before mediating it.
- Staff should empathize with users.
- Staff should respect what makes some users uncomfortable, as they would want users to respect what makes them uncomfortable.
Some of the activity I've seen is unbearably aggravating to the point of me being tempted to contact Wikia staff to handle the situation. The fact that you guys are friends doesn't matter. Tell someone when they are doing something wrong. Don't get offended when they do this. It is usually not a personal attack. The staff here needs to either change the way they are or change who the staff members are.
Edit: This is not a personal attack and I hope you don't take it personally. This is not directed towards the entire staff. I've seen different staff members dipping into different things they shouldn't dipple dapple into.